Monday, March 11, 2013

Turning FOUR!

March 11, 2009
Four years ago I had an emergency C-section, bringing my beautiful baby girl into this world, 3 weeks earlier than her due date.  I was completely unprepared.  I didn't have a bag packed, my mom wasn't there, and I had no idea what to do with a baby!  I couldn't believe how quickly Sampson and I had to learn how to be parents.  I still remember the nights our room was glowing because Phoenix had to sleep with a biliblanket the first few nights due to her jaundice. I remember how she would sleep for hours as Sampson and I went rock climbing at the Quarry.  I remember when she first started chasing the broom around the house, sliding herself as fast as her little arms would allow her.  I remember the stalks of broccoli she refuse to let me cut up for dinner because they were "her" trees.  I remember walking, ever so slowly, to and from church as she stopped to smell every flower and hug every tree.  I remember going to the Bean Museum and listening to Phoenix quack like ducks and name every animal that was there (even the animals I've never heard of). I remember the smile on her face the first time she saw her little baby sister.  I love how she still takes care of little Eva.  She is always watching out for her.  Phoenix never wants to leave Eva out and always make sure Eva has enough to eat.  She helps Eva get dressed, get her binki's, and even helps lift Eva up so that they both can climb to the top of every play place.  I am so grateful that I am able to be a mom and have Phoenix and Eva in my life.  The smiles on their faces make this long journey worth it.
 

The Birthday Party
Phoenix has been planning her birthday party since December!  She came up with her guest list, the food, and the activities.  She even knew what decorations she wanted. We had so much fun planning the party.  We were both so excited we couldn't sleep last night.  She had a blast with all of her friends at her Ballerina Birthday Party.  And of course, she got just what she always wanted :)


Birthday Video



The Zoo
I took the girls to the zoo for Phoenix's birthday.  Phoenix got to ride on a camel all by herself.  She was so excited....that's all she could talk about all day!  I just love Eva and her outfits...she always insists on dressing herself!




4 comments:

Bowden Party 365 said...

Looks like such a fun little party!

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

WHoops, sorry that was my other account, this is Amber :D

Taryn & Brian Elmer said...

How cute Britt! 4 already! And I still havent met her! I need to meet up with you guys please!! She's such a cutie! Love you girl!

Mal and Greg said...

4! Wow, how the time passes. Looks like a fantastic party, bet the kids loved it, way to go.