Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Finishing up 2012


Thanksgiving



We had a Hale of a time in Atlanta for Thanksgiving this year.  The girls love being with "cousins", especially playing hide-n-seek.  The girls had fun dancing, hiding in the leaves, skateboarding down the slide, hiking in the park, eating turkey, and drinking a lot of "dragons blood".  I had my own fun as Haley took me Black Friday shopping for the first time.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching the crowds killing each other over xbox games as I simply reached over the group that took each other to floor for the game we needed.  I also hate waiting in lines, so I managed to sneak us in front of the line of hundreds of people, who were waiting for hours outside target, to make sure we were one of the first people in there...it was definitely worth it!


Christmas Card Pictures


Pretty proud that I took these all on a tripod....Yay for tripods!


CHRISTMAS BENEFIT




The Christmas Benefit was awesome.  I had many different people and dance groups that were willing to participate to help raise money to buy food for people around the community that are in need.  It was amazing to see so many people helping a good cause.  I love watching my girls and all my dancers learn to love dance and want to share it with everyone. Although it was incredibily difficult to put this all together and pull it off without Sampson, I am so excited that he was able to go down to the Dominican Republic and Haiti with doctors from his school.


Christmas in Texas


 Christmas Eve
On Christmas Eve we only have one lasting tradition: Eating Hins (The best Chinese food you will ever have) for dinner and watching Christmas Vacation!!!  We are however bringing back a few old ones and starting a few new ones.  As a little girl we would always act out the nativity at my grandma's house.  Now my girls get to do it too!  All three girls picked out who they wanted to be and did an excellent job acting it out.  Eva had the only speaking part, "Fear Not!" and of course she nailed it :)  Derek I think was the best baby Jesus ever though...he didn't cry once!  Luke read the story (with Liz overseeing), Sampson controlled the camcorder, I took pictures, Kenny was a donkey and one interesting looking wiseman, and mom just enjoyed the whole thing. We did miss having Houston, Nate, and Butch there. 



Christmas Day
Of course Phoenix woke up super early and was really excited to see what Santa had brought her, but we had to wait for Brooke to get there before we could go downstairs.  While waiting, I did the girls hair (Phoenix requested a Katniss braid), we sang songs, played with toys, did Christmas crafts....needless to say the girls were really excited when Brooke finally got there.  The girls loved all there presents and Christmas would not be complete without my mom's frittata, which surprisingly was actually good this years and we all ate the whole thing!


Holiday Fun!


For us the Holidays consisted off:
Playing with polar bears, eating pancakes, playing with xmas toys, winning 2nd place in my 5K (the girls were not quite as excited about running as I was, but Phoenix sure liked my medal), having Christmas early with daddy before he left for the D.R., getting the Grinch in the mail from Pitty, rowing in boats, creating Humo's xmas card, getting pulled off the plane in Lexington and watching Disney movies in our hotel, falling asleep in the massage chair at the airport as we waited for our plane the next day, building "Poley" (Phoenix's bear) and "Polar Bear" (Eva was creative with her bear's name), flying in a helicopter at Chuck E Cheese, riding in a bus and collecting tickets with Ki Ki, watching TV with Humo and Nate Dawg, painting snowflakes, tickling each other, and collecting sea shells along the beach in Galveston!

2 comments:

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

Fun updates, thanks for sharing!

Taryn & Brian Elmer said...

I LOVE HINS!!! So jealous! It looked like you had a great holiday season Britt! I love all the pictures! You are quite the photographer, mother, wife and everything else!! I miss you guys!! Love ya!