Recital 2013
This was the last recital with my dance studio. I can't believe how much the studio has grown in 2 short years. I have been so blessed to be able to have started my own business and still be at home with my girls. All our house has known is dance! Even though Sampson never wanted to come home on "dance days," Phoenix and Eva have loved every minute of it. Phoenix could have been in 6 different dances in this recital, but I had to cut her back to 4. She decided that she was going to do a solo and she helped me choreograph parts of it. She was so proud of herself. Her favorite part was walking on and off the stage :) Although it was stressful at times having the studio at my house, I would do again in a heart beat if it meant being able to be surrounded by so many girls that have been positively impacted through dancing. There are no words to describe the feelings I had while watching all my dancers dance up on stage with confidence in who they are. I am grateful for this experience and I am sad to leave, but I am excited to start a new chapter in our lives.
This was the last recital with my dance studio. I can't believe how much the studio has grown in 2 short years. I have been so blessed to be able to have started my own business and still be at home with my girls. All our house has known is dance! Even though Sampson never wanted to come home on "dance days," Phoenix and Eva have loved every minute of it. Phoenix could have been in 6 different dances in this recital, but I had to cut her back to 4. She decided that she was going to do a solo and she helped me choreograph parts of it. She was so proud of herself. Her favorite part was walking on and off the stage :) Although it was stressful at times having the studio at my house, I would do again in a heart beat if it meant being able to be surrounded by so many girls that have been positively impacted through dancing. There are no words to describe the feelings I had while watching all my dancers dance up on stage with confidence in who they are. I am grateful for this experience and I am sad to leave, but I am excited to start a new chapter in our lives.
"In My Daughter's Eyes"
Here is the dance I did with my girls
"Glad You Came"
Phoenix's Solo
"Hands in the Air"
The Final Dance of the Recital
Biltmore
I have been dying to see this place ever since we moved out to Tennessee. It was so amazing! It started to rain right as we were walking up to the house so we grabbed a bite to eat and when we were done, the rain had stopped and everyone had left. We had the whole place to ourselves. We slowly walked all over the property and through the beautiful gardens. It was so fun. I can't even imagine what it would be like to actually live in a place like this!
Disney World
We had so much fun at Disney World. Eva asked if we were there only about a million times on the drive down. When we finally saw Mickey she screamed and about fell over. She was so cute. Meeting all the princesses was by far their favorite part, especially when Phoenix got to be Felipe as she acted out the story with Belle. They also loved "It's a small world" and wouldn't stop singing the song! The electric parade and firework show topped off our 14 hour day. It's hard to believe we were at Magic Kingdom that long without one melt down. The girls had the time of their life. The next day was more for me and my mom. She went on Soaring and I got to go visit the Yetti! The last day we spent enjoying the pools and water slides at the resort. It was a much needed vacation after the Recital :)
Savannah
On our way back from Florida we stopped in Savannah, GA to see the beautiful city and eat at Paula Deen's restaurant. We ate chicken pot pie and a crab cake burger....the most amazing food ever! We stayed the night on the beach at Tybee Island and in the morning climbed to the top of the light house. I have always wanted to be inside a light house. Eva led the way up the 178 steps without a sound. My mom, Phoenix, and I were complaining the whole way up :) The view on top was awesome. The girls weren't scared at all of being up that high...they loved it.
On our way back from Florida we stopped in Savannah, GA to see the beautiful city and eat at Paula Deen's restaurant. We ate chicken pot pie and a crab cake burger....the most amazing food ever! We stayed the night on the beach at Tybee Island and in the morning climbed to the top of the light house. I have always wanted to be inside a light house. Eva led the way up the 178 steps without a sound. My mom, Phoenix, and I were complaining the whole way up :) The view on top was awesome. The girls weren't scared at all of being up that high...they loved it.




1 comment:
I just watched the dance with you and your girls...it's about the cutest thing ever! We should have totally met up in Disney World! It's just a few hours from our house!! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun!
Post a Comment