Memorial Day: We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs in the back yard. Kenny and the neighbor kids came over to enjoy our wonderful food and interesting discussion on Martin Luther. Sampson, using the dutch oven we just seasoned (which we baked in the oven like the internet said and filled our whole house with smoke), made a roast. We are still working on the art of dutch oven cooking.
Kenny eating the biggest crab leg ever!! I made a seafood feast of King Crab legs and lobster tail. It was amazing! (so I was told, Phoenix doesn't like when I eat seafood). Our sweet picnic below Bridal Veil Falls
We grilled steak and chicken kabobs and we made peach cobbler in our dutch oven for the first time. I found out that day that Eagle scouts do not know how to light charcoal with matches. After about an hour of trying to be a wilderness man, Sampson went to the gas station to buy some lighter fluid. Lighter fluid can help light anything on fire :)








1 comment:
First of all, you are GORGEOUS and I love your daughter! Next, when I was reading about you guys and the dutch oven I had to crack up because it brought back hilarious Girls Camp memories!! Those were the best days!! We were so close! We were queens of pranks! And I love how your mom was always in on every one of them with us!! I just remember Sis Davis chasing you around and then we found out she does marathons! Haha! I miss you so much! Can I come visit you PLEASE? I really will! I cant wait to meet your cute hubby and gorgeous baby! Hope you are well! Love you Britt!
Post a Comment