Monday, March 30, 2009

Phoenix Lee Hitchcock

Phoenix finally made it out of my stomach!! Here are some pictures of the last few weeks and all the fun things we have been doing.

Phoenix just hanging out with daddy!

Our little angel

Torrito!!

Our little gansta

Phoenix is actually not crying. This is just one of her many
crazy faces she makes while she sleeps.
Our little Easter bunny is getting her hair done after bath time with daddy.

The softest lamb swing ever!!

This is the "fall asleep instantly" position. Phoenix is trying so hard not to fall asleep.


What a good yawn!

She looks like Sampson, but she has my eyes

Our Little Glow Worm

Her jaundice was really bad when we left the hospital that we
had to keep her on a biliblanket. At night she lit up our whole room.


We went to the hospital to have Phoenix turned because she was breached. The turn went really well and it was not painful at all. The only problem was that part of her umbilical cord got caught between her head and my cervix. The doctor would not let me sit up and said I could not leave the hospital until I had a c-section. And so Phoenix was born March 11, 2009 at 5:26 pm. She weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces and she was 19 inches long. A c-section was definitely not what I had planned when I thought of having my first child, but life happens and I could not be happier then to cradle my beautiful little angel in my arms.

6 comments:

The Walkers said...

Congratulations you guys! She is beautiful. I love all of her dark hair.

Rachel said...

Welcome to the world Phoenix! It is good to hear that everything is going well and I hope that your recovery from the C-Section goes smoothly. Much love from the Ogden area.
Rachel

The Wright Family said...

Look at the little angel! How are you feeling??? Congrats! I miss you!

Haley Hale said...

I am so glad to see all the pictures! I wanted to put some up on my blog so bad, but I wanted to wait for you to put them up first! I think she is adorable, and I want to hold her soooo bad! Love to you all!

Unknown said...

She is so beautiful! I am so excited for you guys. Glad to hear you guys are all doing well.

Bonnie the Cheerleader said...

Houston, Phoenix, Brooklyn...seriously did you guys just through darts at an atlas..? Just kidding. I think she is adorable! Look at that dark hair - ok, so which one of you bleaches? Knowing Sampson it's probably him. Congrats you guys!...and looking forward to seeing a little London or Maine sometime in the future.
love, bonnie