Saturday, June 23, 2012

"A Dance with the Stars"

Dance Recital 2012
I have been stressed, nervous, and excited planning and waiting for the recital.  After 5 months of preparations and practicing the day finally came.  I had only planned for a few other people than the parents of the 56 dancers (about 175-200 people).  I was completely shocked when we packed the entire high school auditorium.  There was standing room only! It was amazing! All the dances were great. I couldn't believe how far the girls had come in such a short amount of time.  They worked so hard and I was so proud of them.  I could've never done it without my family.  Everybody flew in to help out.  I can always count on my family for everything...they always have my back.  That is the best feeling the world.  I also loved seeing the community come together and supporting my dancers.  It was truly amazing.  I never even dreamed that this would turn into something this big, but it has and I am so blessed and grateful for the opportunities I have been given here.

Phoenix and Eva's Recital Pictures




Here are the dances my girls and I were in during the Recital:

Phoenix, Eva, and Brooke were Rapunzel from Tangled 
(Eva is only 18 months...the youngest of the whole class)




This is a dance I did with the high school girls.



When I was in 4th grade my mom choreographed a lyrical solo for me that I won first place with.  I made up this dance (with a similar costume and some of the same moves) for her as a surprise for Mother's Day.  All my dancing I owe to my mom.  She started me dancing at 3 and I have been dancing ever since.





2 comments:

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

That's awesome. I never knew you were so into dance. You did a great job!

Taryn & Brian Elmer said...

You are so beautiful and graceful Britt! WOW! I could watch your video all day! You are so cute!! Congrats on putting on such an awesome recital! You are amazing!!