Friday, November 11, 2011

Autumn

The Fall
I was taking some pictures of some bows a friend of mine made. Her bows are amazing. Check her out on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/VictorianaGlen/102790536497103



This is usually what the photo shoots end up looking like :)

Fall Pictures
Hiking in the Gap


 The Nashville Temple

Before Halloween we went up to Stone Door. We had an amazing chicken salad that Haley made for lunch and then we went hiking.  The kids were so funny.  I love seeing all of the cousins together.  My favorite part is when Sampson stuck Eva in a hole in one of the trees.  She didn't seem to care though.  She is so good natured and easy going.  I have been so blessed with her.


Halloween
This year for Halloween we to Sampson's parents for Halloween.  Dan drove us around on the gator.  Phoenix loved running from house to house and getting saying trick-o-treat.  She looked like a glowing duck with glow sticks around her wrists, ankles, and neck.  We always new where she was!
 

Sampson's Birthday
Not only did I plan a birthday party for Sampson this year, but I had almost 30 people waiting to surprise him at the house.  I was unsure if he would like a surprise party or if I could even pull it off without him knowing.  But it was awesome! Everything was perfect and he was totally surprised!! The theme was Chuck Testa.  If anyone doesn't know what that is watch the video below :) I ordered him an authentic Chuck Testa t-shirt, had a cake decorated with a huge deer head, and bought these fake dove's for decorations. Sampson loved having everyone there to celebrate his birthday.  It was an awesome night.  My only regret is buying so many stupid birds!! Every time I turn around I am stepping on one!!
 


WABDL World Championships
My mom qualified back in May for this competition.  I was so excited to go to Reno and see my mom lift.  After seriously injuring her shoulder about 3 weeks ago we were unsure if she would even be able to compete for her team Texas Power Station.  I was so nervous for her!  My mom is amazing though and she never ceases to amaze me.  She lifted 132.28 which gave her 3rd Place!!!!!  Had she been healthy I know that she would have won.  I had seen mom compete every time and it was awesome to be there to see her finish up her season with a World Medal.  I couldn't be more proud.
 

Lake Tahoe
After we watched the World Champion Tiny Meeker set yet another World Record for the Bench Press, we headed up to Lake Tahoe.  My mom and I had never been there before, but of course my dad had (he has been everywhere:) Lake Tahoe is amazing!  It was so fun to see the snow and all the dark green pine trees.  We definitely didn't dress for the weather (basketball shorts and a t-shirt), but it was still way fun! My favorite part was when the cabin I reserved was not available so they upgraded us to a Suite on the top floor.  We stayed in the best room they had.  The view on the balcony was breathtaking! While I relaxed watching football, Eva spent forever putting on and taking off a lid to a water bottle and Phoenix took turns pouring water into every cup in the room.  They are so funny!  Lake Tahoe was a great way to spend our last night celebrating how good my mom did!
 




Reno Temple
On our way back from Lake Tahoe we went by the Reno temple.  The temple is beautiful! 



Getting ready for Christmas!!!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love Lake Tahoe so much!!! I'm jealous! I love looking at your pictures! They are awesome :)