Monday, October 6, 2008

Solomon Klein

When our internship didn't turn out quite how we wanted, so we decided to start volunteering at a local orphange. This orphange has 175 kids living there under the age of 6. It was completely crazy! I was in the newborn room which consisted of 36 babies from day one to about 12 months. My morning started out with hand feeding each baby at 8, washing and changing cloth diapers after that, and then after a 20 minute break we were back to feeding them all again. I would finish at abou 12:30 for lunch and return at 2 to start the changing and feeding process again until 6. They were long days, but worth every minute.




















1 comment:

Haley Hale said...

Okay, so I know that there are WAY more kids there than in my house, but that looks like the obstacle course that is my living room. All those walkers and all those babies-wow!