In between feeding and naps the babies were either left in their crib, on a mat, or placed in a walker. These babies were in definite need of attention, but it was so difficult for me to give them each all the love they deserve. The boy in the picture is Juan Carlos who was abandoned by his parents. He was almost 18 months here and could barely sit up by himself. He was born with a clubbed foot and he had already undergone a severe surgery on his back. This sweet spirit has little to look forward to in his future besides being bounced around in many orphanages in his life. I loved to just see him smile and I just hope I helped him to be happy for the few weeks that I was there.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Juan Carlos
In between feeding and naps the babies were either left in their crib, on a mat, or placed in a walker. These babies were in definite need of attention, but it was so difficult for me to give them each all the love they deserve. The boy in the picture is Juan Carlos who was abandoned by his parents. He was almost 18 months here and could barely sit up by himself. He was born with a clubbed foot and he had already undergone a severe surgery on his back. This sweet spirit has little to look forward to in his future besides being bounced around in many orphanages in his life. I loved to just see him smile and I just hope I helped him to be happy for the few weeks that I was there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your baby is so cute... I guess you got pregnant before you got married?
Hey Brittany. I found your blog through Haley's. What are you guys doing in South America? Looks like you're having a great time though. Congratulations on being pregnant too!
Post a Comment