Thursday, May 1, 2014

Winter to Spring

Steele's Baby Blessing
On April 12, 2014 we had 4 generations of Hitchcock's under one roof for the blessing of Timothy Steele Hitchcock: Leard (Pa Pa) is 93 years old, Tim 61, Sampson 29, and Steele 7 weeks old. We all gathered together at Nannie and Pa Pa's house.  Steele was able to wear his great great grandfather's blessing gown that was made 122 years ago.  The gown was made by Nannie's grandmother, Granny Grissom.  When Billye first offered the blessing gown I was so excited! I couldn't believe that Steele was going to be blessed in such a special family heirloom.  On the day of the blessing, Nannie explained where the dress came from to me and my parents.  She had a picture all ready for me so I could see who made the gown and who wore it.  (She always takes such care to have everything ready.  I wish I could be more like that.) The blessing was beautiful.  Words cannot describe how blessed I felt on that day. I feel such a connection to my family and all my ancestors.  I am very proud to be a Hitchcock!


Phoenix's First Haircut
Phoenix has always wanted to grow her hair out to drag on the floor like Rapunzel.  After Sampson had shown Phoenix a video of a little girl who had donated her hair, Phoenix decided she wanted to do the same thing. I was a little emotional as the hair dresser cut off 10 inches, but was quickly comforted at the reassuring smile of my little Phoenix.  She never ceases to amaze me!

Watch the awesome video Kenny made here: Phoenix's Gift



My Mom & Dad's 
Sweet Rides
As much as I love cruising in the Raptor, there is nothing quite like the feeling you get when you drive the Camaro.  Every time I am home I have to find some excuse to go drive alone just so I can feel the rush from flooring it! One day I will have my own :)

Winter in the Country
The cold never keeps us from having fun.  I loved watching Jefe and Sampson launch themselves and the kids on the four wheeler across the ice.  Luckily the 4 wheeler didn't flip and the ice didn't break while any of the kids were riding! The girls enjoyed making many snow angels and shooting the milk jug.  The cow picture is a reminder to me that I should never try to break the ice for the cows to drink when I am 7 months pregnant especially when the cows think I have food for them and they surround the car so I can't get back to the girls....hahaha the things I think I can do while I am pregnant :)


Life from My Phone: January-February
Sampson did his first craft ever with the girls, Eva drew me pregnant, Eva with her valentines whistle (and of course she is in a leotard!).  I found Eva with her head on the couch watching her movie when I woke up from my nap....funniest position ever! The girls and I decorated Sampson's car for Valentines, Phoenix had her Valentine's party and she went on her first field trip to see Beauty and the Beast the play.


February
I finished making Steele's bedding and quilt, we went to the Aquarium in Chattanooga, we had many, many, many snow days, and the girls earned a reward trip to Chuck E Cheese...their favorite place ever!


March
Phoenix ran in her first 5K and won! (I still can't believe she finished the whole thing even though she fell and skinned her knee at one point), we drank green milk for St. Patrick's day and the girls helped daddy pick out a green outfit for Steele.  The girls "slept" with Steele in their room.  I decided to go with Eva on the 1 mile walk while Sampson went with Phoenix in the race.  Having had a c-section 4 weeks prior, I only planned on walking bc I had to push Steele, but had to run to keep up with Eva.  She kept telling me to hurry bc I was going to slow...haha!   Now that I wake up early, I have enjoyed many beautiful sunrises.  I absolutely love where we are living!  And last but not least, my first week back to church with Steele.  The girls are wearing dresses that Houston and I wore when we were little girls.  They look so beautiful in them! So excited my mom saved them for me :)


April down in Texas
The kids and I flew down to Texas over conference weekend so that the rest of my family could meet Steele and I didn't miss sharing time in Primary.  The girls loved the warm weather.  We went to the Zoo, had a yoga lesson, watched Ripley jump over the fence, went to Old MacDonald's Farm where we rode horses, fed animals, and put lots of hay in our hair.  Butch took the girls on motorcycle rides.  Phoenix was happy but wasn't impressed with the speed...she wanted to go faster :) Phoenix also got her haircut and Steele did what he does best, sleep.  The girls love being in Texas especially when they are playing with Brooke and Derek!



Pre-Easter
My mom flew back with us to Tennessee.  A trip to the mall to get a nail fixed turned into an Easter extravaganza.  We got our nails done, saw the Easter bunny, got candy filled eggs, and won a gift card and tickets to the Creative Museum.  Phoenix also had her first shopping trip where she wanted to decide what she wore instead of me just picking clothes out for her! The girls got to be in a picture with Pa Pa, paint, hang out with Steele, and dance at a restaurant with a live band!


 Easter
Eva loves going to Phoenix's school parties.  Phoenix had an Easter breakfast and hunted for Easter eggs afterwards.  Eva can't wait to go to preschool!  The girls are starting to like Super Hero's.  It's probably because I let them watch a little bit of the second Thor movie, because I love Chris Hemsworth! If you ask the girls who their favorite super hero is, their answer is Thor.  And if you ask them why, they will say it's because he is handsome! They are so right...wonder where they heard that from??  The girls got to take a picture with Spiderman at a store and build, kayak, search for dinosaurs, rock climb, cook, paint, and play instruments at the creative museum (from the free tickets).  They loved having Kat Kat there with them to help them do everything, especially when they pretended to be bee's and climb the to the top of the tower.  Easter was full of Egg hunts, dyeing eggs, making sugar cookies, and eating candy.  We had lots of Fun!

No comments: