Friday, September 23, 2011

WABDL

World Association of Benchers and Deadlifters
The girls and I flew down to Houston for my mom's Power Lifting competition a few weeks ago. I am proud to say that my mom is the new Texas World Holder for Bench Press in her division.  The girls and I had a great time jamming to music, watching world records be set, eating Chick-fil-A (my favorite!) and watching my mom lift.  Phoenix and Eva even slept for about 2 hours through the blaring music!  The highlight of the day was when my mom and I were literally a foot away when Tiny Meeker was benching to beat the world record at 1080 lbs. (my mom got to lay on the bench) It was incredible!

She has been training with Tiny Meeker who is a 16x World Champion in the bench press.  He is an amazing coach. He has already increased her bench by almost 40 pounds in a few months.  She has only lifted in one other competition and set the state record.  She hasn't been able to even train that much with 2 torn meniscus and knee surgery!  My mom was able to bounce back and compete again breaking her old record and setting two new ones! She has been invited to the World Championships in Reno this November.  
My mom is amazing.  I hope that when I am her age I can be as hot and tough as my mom!

Tiny Meeker 

State Record 126.8 lbs

State Record 132 lbs

See ya in RENO!!!!!!!

No comments: