Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Note to Self...

NO MORE APRIL FOOLS JOKES!!
So this April Fools I really wanted to get Sampson good.  I had been planning to tell Sampson that I was pregnant again.  Last year I told everyone I was having twins, but was quickly called out on it, not fun.  This year was going to be better.  The week prior to April 1 I would casually complain of stomach cramps, dizziness, and feeling sick to my stomach.  I kept joking about being pregnant.  So when April 1 came I waited around until 7:00pm that night to tell him I had taken a pregnancy test and that it was positive.  I told him I was really worried because I have and IUD in and that it might seriously harm the baby.  I started looking up forums on the internet and started fake crying when I read that the baby might be born deformed.  Sampson, the loving, caring husband that he is, told me not to read any more and that he was going to call urgent care and figure out what to do.  So I go take a bath laughing to myself.  When I get out Sampson told me that he was put through to our Doctor (on a Friday night!) and that they had a long serious conversation about what to do for the situation.  I had NO IDEA that he would get put through to our doctor.  So then I thought Sampson was going to be mad and because I was doing such a good job of acting that I kept playing along and ended up calling my mom and dad and letting Sampson call and wake up his Dad and text his mom.  Then my mom started to freak out that I was going to have a baby with one arm....So I thought this is probably a good time to let my parents know it was a joke.  All my dad said was "You better tell Sampson and I hope he doesn't leave you".  So with that I went and told Sampson...he of course wasn't too happy and we ended up in a fight and he slept out on the couch that night (partly because I think he just fell asleep watching TV).  The next morning I began damage control...I had to call everyone and make sure they all knew it was a joke and that I was really really sorry.  Moral of the Story according to Sampson: Don't pull April fools jokes that involves people that are really busy and important (ie. doctors and parents).  Moral of the Story according to Brittany: I got Sampson soooo good that there is no need for any more April Fools jokes of such high caliber.

Apologies to All Who Were Involved...This was Only Meant for Sampson

4 comments:

Mary Martha said...

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing. You did get him good indeed. What did you Dr. say when you told him it was a fake?

Taryn & Brian Elmer said...

Britt! You are hilarious! I cannot believe you are still playing jokes! This reminds me so much of high school days and all the funny things we used to do! I miss you so much! I miss our old days and wish we lived closer to each other!! Love you girlie!

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

Haha, that's awesome!

Haley Hale said...

I, for one, thought it was AWESOME! Not only did you get Sampson, but you also got Dad- king of Jokes. Good job, sista!